Warning

We are very sad to report that there is a young man going door to door in the Las Vegas area representing himself as part of Kassidy's Army. We would NEVER go door to door asking for donations, please call the police or email us at kassidysarmy@live.com. See official fundraisers below!

Monday, August 8, 2011

August 8, 2011

Today started as a great day for Kass, a bit hot at tennis intra murals, but she did really well at practice. She's getting stronger every day with her obvious limitations, but we are just proud that she's even trying to stay active and trying her best.  Is what we've always taught our kids to do, their best is all we've ever wanted.  I love this quote from Steve Prefontaine, one of the best cross country runners that ever lived.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"  ..... so true

Well, we really have been waiting patiently for results of Kass's MRI, I called ahead to the Burzynski Clinic this morning and reminded them that when they did their daily call I wanted details of the results.  I finally received a call around noon letting me know that the imaging place here in Vegas never sent the cd with the images of the new MRI; they had faxed over the report of what their radiologist had seen, but had not sent the cd of the MRI images for the radiologist at Burzynski could see for himself as well and make his own report.  OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! Are you serious!!!! So I immediately called FEDEX and sent my copy of the cd to Burzynski and told them they would have them tomorrow.  I then hung up the phone and called Steinberg Diagnostics and drove myself to their place and got another copy of the cd for my records and a copy of the report findings.  My hands shook as I signed my name to sign out the documents.

I practically ran to my car and shut my door and just bursted into tears.  My emotions overwhelmed me at that moment and more so when I opened the envelope to see that there was no change in the tumor, but this means it's stable.  I know that we were told we would not see results for a few months, but since Kass has been feeling so good lately I had a glimmer of hope.  It's great news not to see growth in the tumor so I composed myself and went home to get's Kass medication ready for the next round of doses.

One day at a time, right!!!! We now wait till September for the next one.
My nephew only a day old and already with Kassidy's Army gear.




No comments: